Goals per game

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Week 18 Guide

I hope you all had big weeks last week. I broke 100 for the first time, and if I would have gone with my original line-up I would have ended up having the highest score for the week in the entire game. Unfortunately, I made some changes that didn’t work to my favor and ended up with 111, which I’m still elated about. 

We don't have any double gameweeks to take advantage of in week 18. However, both LA and Toronto have a week off, so make sure you take that into account when picking your side.

Predicted goals scored:
Houston
2.7
Dallas
2.5
Columbus
2.5
Chicago
2.1
Seattle
2.1
SKC
1.7
Chivas
1.7
RBNY
1.4
NE
1.1
Philly
1.1
DCU
1.0
SJ
1.0
Colorado
0.9
RSL
0.9
VAN
0.8
POR
0.4
LA
X
TFC
X

Predicted goals allowed:
Chicago
0.4
RSL
0.8
VAN
0.9
Seattle
0.9
Columbus
1.0
Dallas
1.0
NE
1.1
Philly
1.1
Chivas
1.4
RBNY
1.7
Houston
1.7
Colorado
2.1
POR
2.1
SJ
2.5
DCU
2.5
SKC
2.7
LA
X
TFC
X

Team of the week:
Johnson
Wahl, Miranda, John, WIlliams
Davis, Shea, Rogers, Pappa
Montero, Sapong
Subs: Rimando, Leathers, Fernandez, Mendoza

Captains:
Davis: He’s leading the league in assists and is on set piece duty. In my opinion, he’s the only thing keeping Houston in the playoff race.

Shea: He’s been on a goal scoring tear the last month or so and is my pick for MVP up to this point.

Montero: Montero looked like the Montero of the second half of last season. He was active and confident in the games against Portland and LA (in the US Open Cup). If he plays with that muh joy and energy, he will continue to score.

Sapong: SKC have been a more prolific scoring team away from home this season. Sapong has cemented his place in the first team (in my mind at least) and has been scoring at a good pace.

Johnson: Chicago's defense has been spotty at best, but the numbers have Chicago on a clean sheet. Plus they play Portand who have just 1 point in 7 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment