Goals per game

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 19 preview


This is the week I set as my “pay date” for a wager with some friends before the season started. I promised to buy a beer for everyone who was sitting ahead of me by the all-star break. As it stands, there are only 3 out of about 65 who have a good shot at collecting. The one who seems most hell-bent on besting me is only 12 points ahead after I managed to claw back 63 points so far in this second segment. I’m only 26 points out of first, and while I don’t expect to take the poll-position this week, I think I get a few more points in my favor and hopefully catch at least one of the people ahead of me.

Predicted goals scored:

Colorado
4.1
RBNY
3.9
SKC
3.5
Columbus
3.2
SJ
2.9
DCU
2.6
Dallas
2.5
NE
2.5
RSL
2.4
TFC
2.1
LA
1.8
Chivas
1.1
VAN
0.6
Houston
0.5
POR
0.4
Chicago
x
Philly
x
Seattle
x

Predicted goals allowed:

LA
0.4

Columbus
0.4
1.8
Chivas
0.5

SJ
0.6
2.4
SKC
0.8

RSL
0.8

Colorado
0.9
1.5
RBNY
1.0
1.8
Houston
1.1

Dallas
1.4
2.5
TFC
1.5
3.5
DCU
1.6

VAN
2.1

NE
2.3
2.6
POR
2.8

Chicago
x

Philly
x

Seattle
x


Team of the week:

Hesmer
Miranda, DeLaGarza, Corrales, Kimura
Larentowicz, Lindpere, Shea, Najar
Henry, Cummings
Subs: Saunders, Miller, Zusi, Wondolowski

Captains:

Cummings: I don’t think he’s as dangerous without his strike partner, Casey. He’s the best option, though, in a Colorado side predicted to score 4 this week.

Lindpere: Lindpere is still the hot player in New York. Even during their home loss against Dallas he looked like the most dangerous Red Bull.

Henry: He’s still got class and New York have two matches, plenty of time for that class to shine through.

Shea: Dallas have an interesting double this week, but should still find the net two or three times.

Wondolowski: He certainly isn’t in the form of last season, but still plenty capable of working magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment