Goals per game

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 21 Preview

Well this is already my third post today plus I posted the new PPG and PPMS rankings pages. I still have to pick my own team to start the segment, so lets get to it.

Predicted goals scored


TeamGoals Scored
LA4.1
RSL3.5
dcu2.9
philadelphia2.9
chicago2.5
kansas city2.4
San Jose2.2
portland2.0
Vancouver1.7
colorado1.7
chivas1.4
toronto1.4
new england1.2
new york1.2
Seattle0.9
columbus0.8
dallas0.7
houston0.5



Predicted goals conceded


TeamGoals Conceded 
philadelphia0.50.9
San Jose0.5 
kansas city0.60.9
LA0.71.5
colorado0.8 
RSL0.81.2
chivas1.2 
chicago1.31.7
dcu1.4 
new england1.4 
Seattle1.5 
houston1.6 
Vancouver1.6 
columbus1.7 
dallas1.9 
portland2.22.2
new york2.9 
toronto2.9



Team of the week:
Mondragon
Franklin, Wingert, Corrales, Besler
Donovan, Pappa, DeRosario, Bekerman
Saborio, LeToux
Subs: Nielson, Califf, Jewsbury, Lenhart

Captains:
Donovan - Expect to see his name a lot in this final segment. With a PPG so much higher than every other player's, he should always at least be considered for the armband.

Mondragon - Philly are predicted to have two clean sheets this week. Even just one would be a successful captain pick.

Besler - Kansas City are also predicted to keep two clean sheets this week. I would be shocked if it happens, but one is a good possibility.

Pappa - I rate Pappa very highly. His absence for national team duty has limited his points, but he's got plenty of skill and finishing ability.

Le Toux - I expect Seba to start scoring more goals now that El Pescadito is effectively gone.

2 comments:

  1. Pappa (& Chicago) are shit right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand by my pappa pick. If he had stayed on the field another 5 minutes in the second game, he would have picked up 8 points on the week. The 6 he gave us was less than what I had expected, but still a decent return for the week.

    ReplyDelete