Goals per game

Friday, February 1, 2013

2013 MLS fantasy insight is on the way!

Hello readers!

First, I just want to say that I don't intend to run this as a weekly blog this time around. I simply don't have the time or commitment to do so. I will be doing a preseason breakdown based on last season's statistics.This year I will be looking at the official MLS game instead of the ESPN game.

I managed to input into a database all of the data (such as recoveries, crosses, key passes, etc.) for all players with at least 1,000 minutes played last year. I've separated them out by position and will be using that data to project how many points a player could earn over this season.

I'll also do my typical projection of how many goals a team is projected to score and concede each game based on how many they scored and conceded home and away last season.

So, expect a flurry of posts over the next two or three weeks and then back to blackout for several weeks until I find the gumption to give my revised projections and suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. I've read all your new posts and appreciate the advice. As this is my first season in Fantasy MLS, I'm not sure what to expect. I was wondering though if you are able to share your raw data? I'd like to take a look at it. If you prefer not to, that's fine. I'll be reading your blog for advice and tips for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I can't release my raw data. If you read the official game's terms of use, it basically says that the data cannot be republished anywhere and I don't want any legal trouble.

      It is all available in the game itself if you go to the transfers page then in the "sorted by" dropdown. I believe that that data includes playoffs, whereas mine does not. Feel free to create your own database!

      Delete
    2. I see. Thanks anyways. Keep up the good work when you can.

      Delete